Friday 26 August 2011

Himalayan Panoramas




Just got back from Ladakh, North India and these are a few of the panoramas I took whilst out there. Absolutely stunning scenery, breath taking. I also want to develop some drawings I have been doing of some of the trucks out there into screen prints maybe or some machine embroidery so watch this space on that one. It has also made me want to look back at some of my old work I did based on landscapes, looking at block shapes and pattern and think about developing some ideas based around that again. Some beautiful textiles out there aswell. The handmade shawls of the Kullu valley are really quite beautiful. There are some really interesting co-operatives in place to make sure that the crafts people get a fair price for the work they do. Also discovered an artist I had never previously come accross, a man called Nickolai Roerich. A Russian artist who was so taken with the Himalayas that he set up his permanaent home in Naggar in Himachal Pradesh. Although not all his work struck a chord with me I loved the way he managed to capture the certain kind of light you get on the mountains up there. They really were gorgeous. So all in all, not only a fantastic holiday but so much to think about from a creative point of view aswell.....


1 comment:

  1. Himalayas is one of the best place to visit and stay. The landscape area of himalayas are fabulous.
    cartes r4 sdhc

    ReplyDelete